Computer Aid has a sister organization, the IT Metrics and Productivity Institute (ITMPI). If you visit its site, you will find a plethora of information of all types related to the promotion of best practices in the areas of Software Process, Software Metrics, Software Estimation, and IT Governance.
We want to direct you to the schedule of free live webinars. If you scour the list (unfortunately at this time it is not searchable), you will find the following offshore topics that may be of interest to you:
- How to Effectively Lead an Offshore Team – Part 1
- Ethics in IT Outsourcing: Best Practices and Definition of a Working Model
- How to Effectively Lead an Offshore Team – Part 2 (A Case Study)
- Successful Selection and Management of Software Development Outsourcing
And when you can’t attend, we record the webinars and provide them for free viewing for the first week after the webinar has aired. After that time, you can purchase access to the webinar for a nominal fee.
We invite you to explore the listing of outsourcing webinars in our webinar archives. There is a search feature that allows you to search either by category or by speaker. When we selected Outsourcing as our category, the site displayed the following webinars:
- Communication in Global and Distributed Teams
- How to Effectively Lead an Offshore Team
- Planning for Outsourcing – Getting it Right from the Start
Look over the list of webinars and maybe purchase some. Tell us what you’ve learned, what you’d like to see us offer, and what you’d like to see improved.